Preparing your child for life at school
We embed ‘life readiness’ into all aspects of our program by using the Early Years Learning Framework to guide our practice. From Birth-6, our qualified educators provide an individualized curriculum that will encourage your child to take risks, challenge themselves and reach their full potential. Your child is provided with countless opportunities to develop self-help skills and independence and is respected as capable human being. Nurturing your child’s social and emotional well-being, our program also includes a strong foundation in key language and cognitive areas.
Our Transition to School Program that is implemented when your child reaches the 3-5 year old rooms covers key aspects of the National K-6 Curriculum including:
– Close relationships with primary school in our local community
– Primary school visits in the local area
– Initiatives such as lunch box and uniform week
– Trips to the local news agency to purchase pencil case essentials
– Experiences that encourage confidence and peer learning.
– Excursions around the local area to promote road safety.
We work closely with Victoria Ave Public School due to its shared location with Victoria Ave Children’s Centre. Overall, our program provides children with an understanding of the routines and structures that exist within a school environment, helping them to make a smooth emotional, social and cognitive transition into life beyond our own environment.